Friday, November 23, 2007

Well....yeah

[Stage Notes:: Loafing @ cottage]
[iTunes:: Everything | Lifehouse]

Well, if there are any of you still out there, this is my November post. It does bother me that I am posting only once or twice a month. But then again I also do not like apologizing for having not writing so when I get behind I feel less and less like writing.

Life has been very, very busy. Though I suppose most people that read this could have guessed that long before even being bored enough to visit. Despite that, it has been the kind of busy that I used to dream about at gedas. Every day is more challenging than the one before it because I honestly do not know how to get students to learn. I can present material in many different ways, but that does not mean they are learning it. I wish that I could remember the ways that my teachers introduced material. While this may sound strange, it is hard to remember that there was a time that I did not know the things that I know now. Think about it though. Do you remember what it was like to learn how to multiply two digit numbers? The concept is near mind boggling to me. Go figure.

Oh well, that is part of the beauty of everything. There really is a time when we did not know things, and we are able to learn them. A process that never seems to end thankfully. For example, already today I learn that the man that founded Vassar College also founded a city of Vassar in Michigan. I also learned why some Ale's are called IPAs. Wonder what I will learn before you read this.

What have you learned that is neat or obscure lately? Please share in the comments so I know some people are still stopping by! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the past year, I've realized just how hard it is to make friends. Like...making friends at camp is so easy because everyone is there for the same reason and we all share a similar mindset. Trying to make friends in the "real world" is so much more difficult.

-Andy