Friday, October 19, 2007

Bum, bum, BUUMMMMM

[Stage Notes:: Sitting at my desk, papers everywhere]

Well, the day has come that students dread. It is the day that happens only twice in each school year, and no student in the history of the world has ever truely looked forward to today. Most are merely glad to survive it, and all of them say their prayers the night before. I can remember that it was a day that always landed me in some sort of trouble...Have you guessed what it is?

Conferences...[Cue very dramatic music:: Bum, bum, BUUMMMMM]

It is a very peculiar feeling sitting on this side of my first ever conference day. I have never actually witnessed what goes on in conferences. Students in my schools were not privy to the event...not that any of us really wanted to be there when that thing we did on the second day of school was recounted in great detail despite the 2 months that have passed since the event. However, at this school we have what are called student led conferences. That's right, student lead. I have absolutely no idea how this is going to go, but the odds are, there will be tears. Well I better go, they start in 5 minutes.

0 comments: