Friday, March 9, 2007

I'll take two...

If anyone is looking for gift ideas for me for no apparent reason whatsoever, here you go. I want this :oD

It is a 200-500mm F2.8 lens, that when combined with the 2x converter and the 1.6x field of view crop for my camera it is roughly a 640 - 1600mm F5.6 Lens.

The only word that comes to mind with this is...absurd! None the less I still want one just to see how far I can zoom. I honestly believe this is roughly the equivalent of a small telescope.

P.S. If you don't feel like getting me the lens, I will also be needing two college football linemen to probably carry this beast. Take a look at the picture...that thing all the way at the right end is the camera...it is about the same size as my camera. That means the other end is roughly the size of a small car tire. And you thought my big lens was scary looking!!!!

3 comments:

Mags said...

It makes me want to have tomato soup.

(It looks like a thermos)

Spartan Sojourner said...

Mags, you crack me up. Though I can't even imagine how heavy it would be with the Tomato soup in it. Now you made me want some tomato soup and a grilled cheese!

Mags said...

When I was in high school, we had blood drives. I think the lunch ladies were playing a joke b/c every single time we had those drives, we'd have grilled cheese and tomato soup.

I don't like the combo anymore.