Monday, April 2, 2007

Humina--What Now?

[Stage Notes:: Dazed, Not functioning correctly]
[Music:: Alien Youth | Skillet]

I am not very good at making decisions quick decisions. There, I said it. Whew.

[Sound of Crickets]

What? Aren't you shocked? NO!?!?! Here I thought this was an earth shattering revelation.

Fine then. Honestly I think it runs in my blood because my dad is the same way. Last Friday he showed me a drum set he was thinking of buying to replace his current set, and it was a fantastic deal. None the less, he wanted to take some time to think it over and get some input from the seller. I talked to him again Saturday morning and he had decided he was just going to buy them.

The drums were gone.

I am the same way. There was a bag I wanted to buy for the upcoming trip, but I was not entirely decided. By the time I went to buy it, the price went up twenty percent.

The problem is that I like to do my research before hand and understand all the pros and cons of each side of the decision. Granted this means that decisions drag out for a while, but in the long run, when I do the research I need, I am usually completely confident in the decision and rarely look back to consider the other option.

What does this have to do with anything? I got a phone call about an hour ago. I have 24 hours to make a decision. I am nervous and excited. I was so shocked that I could barely put a sentence together on the phone, and forgot the person's name by the end of the call.

2 comments:

Mags said...

24 hours to make a decision about something you are excited about?

Hmmm....seems to me like it's a no brainer.

;)

I know the decision you make will be the right one for you. And I hope we get to find out what this cryptic "decision" is.

Spartan Sojourner said...

Rest assured Mags, you will get to know at some point tomorrow since the decision has to be made :) And thanks for the vote of confidence!!