Monday, April 23, 2007

54 Days

[Stage Notes:: Hockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockery...hockey!!!]
[TV:: Dallas at Vancouver; Game 7 | Hockey Night in Canada]

I love hockey. Especially playoff hockey.

I love being able to tune into a Canadian TV station during playoff hockey. During the playoffs, every night is hockey night in Canada.

Just thought that needed to be mentioned.

Go Wings!!! Oh, and in case you didn't know, the Wings won last night in double over time at Calgary! What an awesome game. There really is no more exciting sport that I have seen. Though I still have not seen a game of Jai Alai which I imagine is just insane. Maybe it is just because playoff hockey is so nerve racking. The only other really nerve racking sport in my mind is Soccer. Especially World Cup soccer. And shortly behind that is March Madness college basketball.

Ok, that said, this post is really about the 54 days mentioned in the title.

7 Weeks; 5 Days.

June 17th (or if you are lucky it can be June 16th) is the start of Camp.

Camp is my life blood. It is what I live for because it has year in and year out changed my life. It is a week of waking up with passion, and falling asleep because you have been running on Adrenalin and passion for 18 hours. Then you do it again. And you laugh and cry and hug at the end, but you don't really say much because there just aren't words. That is camp.

Honestly, camp has almost taken on it's own meaning. One of the actual definitions is:

A place in the country that offers simple group accommodations and organized recreation or instruction, as for vacationing children
HEHEHEHE. Not even close to an explanation for camp. I don't really feel like I can explain it right now so I think I will post the essay I wrote about it for the ACE application.

Enjoy, and think about what you would say if someone asked you to tell what is most important to you...in less than 300 words. I have to go work on my camp application because there is a planning meeting tomorrow(or today for most people that will read this)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your camp essay should be published worldwide....it was wonderful - although you are right - 300 words are not near enough! See you tonight at the meeting!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Elisabeth....great work on this essay. It's true that 300 words is nowhere near enough to even begin talking about camp. Have fun at the meeting tonight!