Saturday, May 26, 2007

Rollin, rollin, rollin...

[Stage Notes:: Watching TV]
[TV:: Forrest Gump]

Well, I am back online so I suppose that means you would all like to know what I have been doing. Hmm, lets start near the end because that will help explain things. I think.

The end is the explination for how I am online because I am not on either of my parent's computers nor am I on either of my sister's computers. I am on my very own computer! That's right, I am the proud new owner of a MacBook Pro. It is so nice to be back on a Mac!

Since the last time I wrote, A lot has happened so I will recap best I can. First off, my little sister graduated :) Now our entire family has at least a Bachelor's Degree. I can't help but think that is pretty darn cool. Ironically, now that we have hit this milestone, I am getting ready to start my Master's coursework and I have a feeling my sis is not far behind.

I have also spent a decent amount of time in downtown Detroit. As I wrote before, I visited the Ansel Adams exhibit at the DIA. Since then, I went down to a Tiger's game against the Cardinals with a good friend from State and as we were coming home, we discovered there was an Art Fair at the Village in Rochester. The next day, I went to dinner with some friends that live downtown. They have this beautiful loft overlooking woodward. I must say that I am definately giving full creative control over any place I live in to them. It was like something out of a magazine, but it was still something you could live in...if that makes any sense. After talking for a little while, we walked to a French Cafe called Twingos. The food was fantastic and the ambiance matched perfectly. After enjoying a some fabulous appetizers and a delectable dinner we decided to walk over to Traffic Jam and Snug for some devilish desserts. The Traffic Jam is where my family typically goes after seeing a show anywhere downtown because the only thing better than a great night at th theatre is dessert after! We had also planned to go to the brewery next door but decided that we would rather go back to the apartment to hang out and talk.

I also made an attempt to see a friend from school who was supposed to play at a coffee house in my old neighborhood, but I ended up missing her play. I had hoped she was playing a full set, but it turns out she was only playing one song and she moved her time slot to play earlier. On the bright side, I did get to talk to her and her husband afterwards which was wonderful. It is so nice being able to catch up with friends you haven't seen in a long time. I also managed to get a copy of her new album. I highly recommend you check out her stuff at: http://rachanee.net/

2 comments:

Mags said...

Re-connecting with old friends is fabu. I recently got to do it too on my Florida trip, so I completely understand your happiness!

Anonymous said...

Isn't their loft absolutely amazing...It looks magazine ready!