Friday, April 20, 2007

ACE High

[Stage Notes:: Mentally I am already gone, physically I am at work]
[iTunes:: You Are My Joy | David Crowder Band]

Two days before I left for Mexico, I got a phone call that I wasn't expecting. In fact when the number came up, I read the area code to be 517 which while I did not recognize the number, the odds where that it was someone from mid-michigan and most likely MSU.

When I answered the call, I discovered that the area code as most definately not 517 because the call was coming from Indiana. Specifically south bend, the home of the University of Notre Dame. Notre Dame is the home of the Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) program that I applied for and got waitlisted for.

I am no longer on the waiting list, I am now officially a member of the ACE program. I will spend the next two school years teaching 6th through 8th grade math in Atlanta!

For some of you, this is the first you are going to hear about it, and I am sorry I couldn't tell you in person, but this is the best way for me to get information out there. This blog will also be the best way for you to know what I am doing as everything unfolds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Other than the obvious irony...lol. Will you be teaching at public schools or private schools...and if the answer is Private/Catholic..you better not be going and trying to convert all those Catholic school kids!! ;-)

Yi said...

Wow, congratulations, John. I know you really wanted this :)

Mags said...

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's amazing news. And wonderful. And fantastic. And happy!!!!!!!!!!!

You're going to be great. Really, really great.

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it. Hopefully you'll keep your blog, right? Right? Right???

;)